Nutella + Cookie Dough
This post is for my daughter, she is absolutely nuts over Nutella! And she is a big fan of my chocolate chip cookies…so I thought about putting her two favorite things together to see what would happen……
Insanely yumminess happened! These are so addicting, the most addicting cookie I have ever made! There is just something about a warm homemade soft chocolate chip cookie, it’s pure joy in a cookie. Then imagine biting into that with a gooey Nutella filled center…whoa!! Some serious flavors there, a giant party in your mouth, all the taste buds are doing the happy dance!! And to end that happy dance on a happy note, I sprinkled some sea salt on top right before going into the oven. Pure chocolatey, salty bliss!
I did learn a few things though… first off, Nutella does not freeze! It’s also to soft to work with right out of the jar, so I put the jar in the freezer anyway, to chill it as cold as possible. Then after rolling a small amount inside my chocolate chip cookie dough, I chilled the dough on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes before baking. I didn’t want my cookies to be flat with soupy Nutella all over the pan. I don’t take my baking failures very well and I do cry over spilled milk…that’s just how I roll!
My daughter loved these by the way! I think they will be her favorite for a long time :)
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C dark chocolate chips ( I use Ghiradelli)
- 1 13 oz jar of Nutella
- sea salt, optional for sprinkling on the top
- Place the jar of Nutella in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugars together on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for 30 more seconds.
- Next add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix just until combined.
- Then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Remove Nutella from freezer, scoop a teaspoon full of Nutella and form into a small ball. Wrap a tablespoon of cookie dough around the nutella forming a ball.
- Place cookie dough balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, remove cookie dough from the fridge and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cookies are set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 20-24 cookies.
The Ultimate Nutella Recipe Collection | Endlessly Inspired
[…] Brownies from Shari Blogs // Salted Nutella Butter Bars from Cookies & Cups // Nutella Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies from Thyme of […]