Red Velvet Cupcakes =Love
There is something about a Red Velvet Cupcake, the richness of the red chocolate flavor, the creaminess of the white smooth frosting, it is so sexy. Can you call food sexy? Well I am, and these cakes are sexy all the way. Forget the calories, the butter, the cream cheese… eating one of these red velvety cakes will make you go OooOOooo gimme more!
That diet you’re on…out the window, that sexy black dress….all forgotten, the hours you just spent in the gym…well at least you’re even on calories burned vs consumed now! Seriously, when you have a craving for a chocolate cupcake, how can you not want a Red Velvet? It takes chocolate to a whole new level!
It took me a few years, a zillion cupcakes, and many many attempts to find that perfect Red Velvet Cupcake recipe. Thanks to Joy the Baker, I have found my favorite recipe! She is amazing! I will never use another Red Velvet Recipe again, Joy… you’re my hero!
I did make just a few tweaks to Joy’s recipe, I found that mixing the vinegar and Baking Soda together first, then adding it to the mix at the end, yields a fluffy cupcake. The whole process of making these is pretty awesome, to see the cocoa powder turn a chocolatey red when coloring is added, is pretty cool! And what is a Red Velvet Cupcake without the classic cream cheese frosting? It’s like a sundae without the whip cream, cherry and nuts! It’s unheard of, you must make a cream cheese frosting to top these red sexy cakes!
I dare you…. to eat just one! The Red Velvet will win, every time!
|Red Velvet Cupcakes||
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1 C plus 2 Tbsp of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp of distilled vinegar
- For frosting:
- 2 1/3 C powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix on high.
- In a small bowl, mix together cocoa, vanilla and red food coloring. Mis with a fork until well combined and cocoa turns red.
- Add red paste to the batter and mix on high, scraping down the sides.
- Add half the flour and salt, and mix, add the buttermilk a little at a time.
- Add the rest of the flour and buttermilk until all combined.
- Mix baking soda and vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Then add soda mix to the batter and mix well.
- Spoon batter into paper lined cups and bake at 325 for 10-12 mins.
- While cupcakes are baking, mix cream cheese, butter, and powder sugar together on high for about 5 mins until creamy.
- When cakes are cool, ice with frosting and enjoy!
Vera Zecevic – Cupcakes Garden
I’ve seen many Red Velvet Cupcakes , but these look absolutely amazing! I’m delighted with them! I’ve featured this recipes on my blog! I hope you don’t mind! If you don’t agree with that please contact me and I will remove it. All the best.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our blog. Yes please do link my blog with yours, Cheers~