Zucchini + Pasta
It’s late summer by now, and you probably have a zillion zucchinis like us in your garden…before I jump into the Fall recipes,( such as pumpkin everything, my favorite fall food!)… I wanted to post just one more zucchini recipe! We are still eating out of our garden over here in the PNW, I think we will have a very nice Fall this year :)
You could make zucchini bread ( my recipe is coming soon on that), or zucchini muffins, and zucchini cookies, oh there are many uses for this green squash! We usually sautee some in our eggs in the morning with some jarlsberg cheese, and I have added it to my soups and baked ziti before….but for today, I decided to take what veggies we had in the garden at the moment and make a pasta with them. No heavy sauce, just some sauteed veggies, goat cheese, a little drizzle of olive oil and call it good! This recipe also uses those awesome little red cherry tomatoes that keep growing and growing and growing…
I think this is the perfect pasta dish for those last few lazy days of summer. Not to heavy, we are still in summer ya know, but just enough pasta to satisfy that craving, and tons of tasty vegetables to offset all those carb loaded noodles. You could add any combination of vegetables here, whatever you have growing in your garden or what you have stashed away in your fridge…get creative! I used my mandoline slicer to “ribbon” my zucchini, if you do not have one of these, no big deal. Use a vegetable peeler to slice them, the first few slices won’t be so pretty, but the rest will turn out perfectly.
Cheers to the last few days of summer :)
- 16 oz spaghetti pasta, I use gluten free pasta
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 C fresh corn
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta till al dente or your preferred doneness, reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the garlic and corn with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 4 mins until corn is tender.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, zucchini and 1/2 of the pasta water to the cooked pasta in a large pan.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly thickened and coats the pasta.
- Serve with oregano, walnuts and goat cheese sprinkled on top.
- Serves 4
Leave a Reply